The GoodLife contemporary drink ware brand was created in an effort to provide healthy alternatives to existing toxin leaching aluminum & plastic bottles. Our recyclable stainless steel products are not only healthy for you, but also for Earth's precious eco-system. By purchasing a GoodLife bottle you are helping to save the planet by utilizing a product that is made from 100% recyclable materials, has no BPA's or harmful toxins and helps to rid the world of unnecessary plastic water bottles.
Production of the 29 billion polyethylene terephthalate (PET) water bottles used in the United States (about one bottle per person every four days) requires nearly 900,000 tons of the plastic, the equivalent of more than 17 million barrels of crude oil annually. But that is just the cost of the bottles. There are additional costs in the production of bottled water.
The Pacific Institute estimates that "the energy used for pumping and processing, transportation, and refrigeration, brings the annual fossil fuel footprint of bottled water consumption in the United States to more than 50 million barrels of oil, equivalent-enough to run 3 million cars for one year." There are other hidden costs of getting bottled water to the shelves. The processing of bottled water not only uses oil, but also uses water and adds carbon dioxide to the atmosphere.
Every liter sold actually represents three liters of water because manufacturing the PET plastic uses two times the amount of water that each bottle will hold. Transporting it to the user, who could be on another continent, cooling it in grocery stores and home refrigerators, and recovering, recycling or discarding the empty bottles uses even more energy. The Pacific Institute estimates that "the total amount of energy embedded in our use of bottled water can be as high as the equivalent of filling a plastic bottle one quarter full with oil." Every ton of PET plastic produced releases around three tons of carbon dioxide into the atmosphere.
The bottled water industry added more than 2.7 million tons of carbon dioxide to the atmosphere in 2008, if the Pacific Institute's numbers are accurate; and even more in 2009 considering the growth of the industry. At the end of the chain is disposal of the bottles (only 15 percent of which are recycled), which also consumes both energy and water. A large portion of the remaining 85 percent sadly winds up in landfills.
There, the bottles sit and are almost totally resistant to microbial attack. A plastic bottle is inert; it does not degrade easily and can take up to 1,000 years to break down. Taking 100 million-year-old oil out of the ground to make landfills makes neither economic nor ecological sense.
Here are some quick facts about the plastic the water bottle epidemic plaguing our planet:
-Out of the 50 billion bottles of water being bought each year, 80% end up in a landfill - that’s 40 billion unrecycled water bottles, wonder how many end up in our oceans?
-Because plastic does not fully biodegrade, waste patches have been contaminating our oceans, the largest of which is now called The Great Pacific Garbage Patch and is now the size of Texas and growing!
-17 million barrels of oil are used in producing bottled water each year
-Drinking bottled water costs much more than purchasing a reusable GoodLife bottle guaranteed to last a lifetim
-Plastic leaches toxins into the water, which have been linked to health problems such as reproductive issues and even cancer
-Given the current environmental and economic situations at hand, it is important now more than ever not waste money on harmful plastic products, the consumption of which has become a worldwide epidemic.
-Recyclable stainless steel water bottles give us an excellent solution to the non-sustainable habit we have created during recent years
Live the GoodLife! Our products are not only healthy for you, but also for Earth's precious eco-system
|Toxin Free||100% Recyclable||Eco-Friendly||GoodLife,